Sunday, January 26, 2014

Plaza III

Nothing happened on Friday besides a brief message on the Facebook. Oh, and the second best meal I've had in my life!

For restaurant week, Erin and I wanted to try Plaza III.  We got dressed up, like you do, and started our culinary adventure.  Before I get to the food, can I just say that some people don't have class.  There were guys wearing hats in the restaurant!  Also, you would not believe how many people were wearig jeans!  It's ridiculous.  You don't have to dress super fancy, but I feel like you should dress nicer than jeans and a trucker hat.  And, like, don't get me started on the girls next to us who were, like, totally confused by meringue!

As soon as we sat down, we were greeted with a bowl filled with ice with carrots, celery, and radishes in it. THAT'S how you start a meal! I started with the steak soup. It was creamy, soupy, and delicious. The flavors were perfect, and I wanted to curl up inside of it and live there. Erin had the garden salad, which wasn't awesome, but it was still really good. It wasn't anything like the salad we had at Maker's Mark: it had mint, chocolate covered raisins, and some other things that tasted terrible alone but awesome together. Plaza III's was a traditional salad which was fine. Then the magic happened. Erin got the prime rib; I got the filet. The prime rib was great, and the filet was "how a steak should be." A perfect wearing on the outside while the juices stayed all cozy inside. Neither was under or over cooked; they were perfect. How do you finish this meal? With chocolate truffle cake and key lime pie! Both were really good, though I'm not sure that the key lime pie actuay had key limes in it. Oh well; it was fantastic. Then we had coffee to finish it off.

What does one drink with a meal so tasty? A crown and ginger ale and a house Cabernet which was one of the best Cabernets I've had. Jealous?

I went home, took off my pants, and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment