Thursday, January 30, 2014

Friends

A wise man once told me that a true friend is one who will help you move.  I later heard it again from a wise lady.  It seems to be pretty true.  I just moved (obviously), and I had 4 people help.  Two of them were last minute additions, and I took them away from their date night.  Well, they offered, but I still felt like I took them away.  It's just amazing to me how there are a lot of people who will offer to help you move and then flake out.  Yesterday was a bad day for me.  I even lifted some things I shouldn't have, but Dr. Zac was not mad about it; he just cracked my back and zapped me with some electricity.  I'm moved now, and I'm looking forward to this new adventure.

The other day, I made a comment that I felt like I lost a friend, but, as I said then, I didn't.  They walked out of my life.  I had a movie/book quote thrown at me, too!  "I just want you to know that you're special in case no one has ever told you."  I didn't notice it at first, but I was searching through Perks of Being a Wallflower because a good friend threw a quote at me.  It figures that aspects of my life would play out this way.  So, a message to you, if you are reading this: Go ahead and walk out of my life.  That is your choice.  If you ever want to speak to me again, as you said you did, I'll be here, but I can't guarantee in what capacity/interest level.

I am grateful to those friends who helped me move for they are true friends, and I am indifferent about the one(s) who walked out of my life.  Cherish your friends, but remember that ultimately you are still only half of the relationship.  Sometimes we can't prevent people from walking out on us; all we can do is be the best person we can be and hope that the right people appreciate us.  Be awesome.

We accept the love we think we deserve.

I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment