Friday, November 18, 2011

This is *NOT* Goodbye

I wrote a letter to the Blue Springs South Branch staff because I've always felt I write better than I speak, and I didn't want to get emotional and not be able to finish the letter if I read it out loud.


Dear Blue Springs South:

I accepted the Assistant Branch Manager position at Red Bridge with mixed feelings.  While I am exciting to be moving forward in my career, I am sad to be moving on from this branch.  For the past three years, I have gotten to know you.  I am proud to know all of you, not only as co-workers, but also as friends.  A lot has changed in the branch in those three years.  As those changes have happened, your spirit and camaraderie has remained strong.  I can honestly say I have never worked with such an amazing group of people, and I don’t know if I ever will again.  You have set such a high standard for me. To think that I could find a group to surpass you is almost unimaginable.
You have taught me so much about work and life, and I can never repay you for that kindness.  You have comforted me in times of trouble, and you have praised me in times of great happiness.  You have supported me in everything that I have done, within the library and beyond.  That support has been invaluable.  I have learned so much, and I hope to learn more as I move on.  It is difficult leaving such a close-knit group, but I know you are all just a call or quick drive away.

You are all fantastic, and I know that Blue Springs South is one of the best branches (if not the best branch) in the system.  I believe there is a reason that Blue South was chosen to usher in the new customer service model.  You can do it, and I see only bright things for everyone at the branch.

Again, you are the best group with which I have ever worked.  I am honored to know all of you.  I wish you luck in everything, and I hope to visit often (or at least bring food or bug you on Facebook).  It’s impossible for me to be in a bad mood around you, and I hope that your spirit never changes.  Thank you for everything that you have given me.  Remember, it’s never goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment