Thursday, November 17, 2011

Food Day

Food, Glorious FOOOOOOOOOOD!

Today, there was a food day at the library.  If you can't tell, a food day is when everyone brings in food for all to eat.  I love food days, and today's was special because it was in my honor.  The ladies decided to bring in some delicious edibles since I am moving to another library branch (as Assistant Branch Manager).  I've been at the Blue Springs South branch for over 3 years, and those 3 years have been amazing.  I have never felt closer to a group of co-workers than I do now, and I consider many of them an extension of my family.  If I wanted to count the number of people that are now an extension of my family, I don't think I could.  I would easily lose count.  Through thick and thin, the library has been there for me.  I never asked for it; I never expected it; and co-workers don't have to support each other.  This group of people did, has, and always will.  That is why I am sad to leave.  I know that I will have grand adventures as I progress in my career, but I hate leaving such a group of people, and I hate loss (I think we all do).

Anyway, the menu 
Barbeque Chips
Pumpkin Pie Cake (I know, it's awesome)
Deviled Eggs (One of my favorites)
Daylight Donuts
Pretzels
Devil's Food Cookies
Pineapple Chunks
Brownies
Mini-GBs (Gummy Bears for those of you not hip to their street name)
Jelly Shortbread Cookies
White Chocolate Chip Cookies WITHOUT Macadamia Nuts
2 types of Triscuits & Wheat Thins
2 Veggie Trays
Tortilla Chips with Rotel Dip
Homemade Potato Salad with Turkey Bacon

Not pictured 
Bacon wrapped Lil Smokies
Green Bean Casserole (my absolute favorite holiday dish ever)
KFC
Fudge with Pecans
Pumpkin Pie (just for me!)

White chocolate chip cookies are the best thing ever.  I don't like the macadamia nuts in them; it seems to ruin the genuine taste of the white chocolate.

A second veggie tray was brought in, and they were afraid that it was too much on the vegetable front.  I informed them that it was fine.  I LOVE vegetables and always have since grade school when I... oh wait, back to THIS story.

I was asked, "Do you like Original?"  When that spurred a perplexed look, I was then asked, "Do you like chicken?"  Of course I like chicken, but I guess my brain wasn't functioning.  She wanted to get me KFC; I just didn't put it together.


My wall of congratulations and embarrassment.
"He's done so many kooky things!"
"Yeah, how can you remember them all?"

Remember when:

On your first day of work, you took a tote to bring in the pick list?
(Obviously it made more sense than a basket)

Your first day of work at BS was on your Cassandra's birthday!!

You were in the Christmas play and several of us came to watch you perform?

You were Santa at our branch?
(and Colbern Road)

You were a Champion during our first Customer Service Day and you tried to get everyone's attention on the bus?

You always tried out the puppets and stories for storytime?
(I also read Pete the Cat to the staff on Wednesday Morning)

You won all those trivia contests?

Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment