Monday, November 21, 2011

*NOT* the Same Old Branch

Hooray for first days!  I felt like it was my first day of school again.  I picked out all of my outfits for the entire work week.  That may seem crazy, but it IS crazy.  It's pretty interesting to see how two branches from the same library system do things so differently.  There is of course a learning curve with names and duties, but I'll get there.  It was just like my first day on the job at Blue Springs.

Actually, it wasn't.  When I started at Blue Springs 3 years ago, I was still afraid to talk to people and I was afraid what people would think of me.  Sure, I had my shirt and tie on just like today, but I was a different person.  It's weird to realize how much I have changed in three years.  I'm much happier, and I'm not afraid to speak up and talk to people.  I am not afraid of what people might think of me because I think that I am a better person than I was three years ago.

Anyway, this is going to be quite the adventure.  I have a desk with a hidden compartment; I'm still around people all day; and I see promise and fulfillment in my new position.  With all of my well wishes on facebook, I have faith that I will do great.  The nightmares about getting fired have stopped too.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm glad you are open and talkative with people now. You're an amazing person; don't be afraid to show people your awesomeness every day. :)

    2. I'm so happy for you with your new job! I know you've been waiting so long for a great opportunity, and I really hope this one turns out to be what you've been searching for.

    3. Is there anything much more exciting than finding your own personal secret compartment?! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete