Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Today, the computer pods were put into place.  Thankfully, they were only SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR for two days.  Besides the fact that the final blueprint changed thrice since we had last talked about them, they look really great!  I think that the patrons will really like them.  The print station is even between them so it is more accessible.

After lunch, I decided that I should put up the Christmas Tree that we got from my former branch, Blue Springs South.  I have to say that everyone was pretty excited to have a tree.  Granted, there weren't a lot of lights on it, but I think just having the tree up helped the atmosphere of the library.  For an added touch, we wrapped some boxes (and maybe a ream of paper) as gifts to place under the tree.  It was a lot of fun, and again I was told that it was nice to have me there.

When I first took the job, I was very excited.  Then, when I started the job, I was distraught.  I didn't think that I was cut out for managing, or even for the Red Bridge Branch.  I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe I was meant to be here.  You can call it whatever you want, but I like to think that the branch librarian knew exactly what he was doing by hiring a person with an opposite personality.

I am glad that someone likes my ideas though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're finding your place at your new branch! Sounds like you are the best type of managerial material!

    ReplyDelete