Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Vampires, Werewolves, and Dreams

It was just an ordinary day.  I was hanging out at home when a man approaches me.
"I need your help!" he said.
"What is it?"
"The vampires are after me!  We need to use your powder in our blessed cup so that we can outlive them!"

Uh, what?  This guy proceeds to tell me that he is, in fact, a werewolf, and that they need my special powder to be placed in this cup of immortality.  For some reason, if the werewolves use the powder in their cup, vampires will die.  If the vampires use the powder in their own cup, the werewolves will die.  Crazy, I know, but don't worry, I said yes (obviously).

I grab my powder and we head out to their "lair."  Oh, that's weird; the werewolves lair is a house, and it's right next door to the vampires'.  A battle ensues: werewolves vs. vampires!  Throughout the battle, I find ways out of the violence and talk with members of each group.  These characters become my mentors and educators of the old world.  They explain the timeless battle and how each group strives to fight the other for utter domination of the human world.  One of the vampires looks oddly like Mekhi Phifer; he was my favorite.  The battle rages on, and I finally find both cups.  The powder must be placed in the cup on the appropriate group's owned land.  I have to be careful though.  There are supernatural storms occurring throughout each house.  If the powder falls into either cup from my hand, one of the clans will disappear from the annals of history.  I try to make my way out of the stormy houses and outside.  For some reason, I knew it's where I needed to go.

They refuse to attack me; I am their savior.  I am the only one who can use the powder because it is mine, and the old world has a thing for ownership.  I have both cups and the powder.  I go to the back yard and suddenly, I am in a courtyard with stadium seating.  There are two altars in the middle where the cups should be placed (one for the lycanthropes and one for the bloodthirsty).  Which do I choose?

Then, I remembered the tales of the old world.  I remember that each group strives and has yearned to fight in order to assert dominance.  I place both cups on the altars (within reaching distance).  I grab some powder.  I put some in each hand, and carefully add it simultaneously to both cups.  There are gasps and cheers throughout the courtyard.  Then they attack.

Stupid alarm woke me up.  I saved all of their lives, and then had to go to work.  Scumbag brain...

1 comment: