Thursday, November 8, 2012

Juggling

I've got a lot of balls in the air right now.
I'm designing three training webcasts for MALA/KCMLIN, one of which will be recorded on Monday.
I'm putting the finishing touches on a new staff incentive program at the branch.
I'm working on community partnerships with the YMCA and two new senior centers.
I'm gathering information from senior centers and nursing homes on activities so that we can better serve their needs.  If you know me, you know this is code for something, and you probably already know what it's code for.
Oh yeah, I'm looking for a place to move whilst trying to find money to fix my car and pay off school.

Mostly good things, right?  I thought that November and December were supposed to be slower months, but it turns out they are crazy busy!  Besides all of this extra stuff, I'm still doing schedules and always training on new things and/or changes to existing things.  Libraries are in perpetual beta, just like most software now.  Thanks, Google.

I'm really excited about a display that just went up.  It doesn't even have a genre/author theme!  It's a little bit of everything and it's called Hidden Treasures, things that patrons may have missed (probably because it ended up being shelved on the bottom shelf).  The display wasn't my idea, and the name wasn't my idea either.  Actually, I didn't even put up the display, but I helped make sure it went up.

I'm also excited because I think I cracked through some blog anxiety for a particular staff member.  We'll have to see how it plays out.

Shoot, no wonder I'm tired when I get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment