Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vegetables

I went to a Catholic grade school.  My school had 80 kids in it (K-8).  For lunch, we had the best cook, and she always had some great stuff whipped up.

Now, don't be alarmed, but I'm kind of a weird guy.  I was weird then, too.  I loved, and still love, vegetables.  Every day at lunch, I would eat my vegetables.  Other kids wouldn't, and they would offer them to me.  I would eat theirs, too, because veggies are awesome (though I will NEVER be a vegetarian).  They got a clean tray and could go back for seconds.  I would fill up on veggies and miss my second piece of pizza.

Then it hit me!  If I didn't eat their vegetables, they couldn't go back, and I could!  So I stopped eating other people's vegetables and went back for more pizza.  As I ate it in front of them, a smirk would form between bites.  Smug.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment